What is Mahamrityunjay Puja?
Instituted by Rishi Markandeya, the Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja is a mantra that was used to save Chandra Dev’s life from the curse of King Daksh. In the Vedas, it is the most powerful as it houses Lord Shiva’s power. Be it negative events or health threats, it can fight against any problem.
This powerful mantra is also known as the Tryambakam mantra. It is a Rig Vedic verse and has many meanings.
The different meanings of this mantra are:
- Tryambakam means beautiful with three eyes.
- Sugandhim means giving the fragrance of devotion.
- Bandhanam means to be free from the bondage of the tree.
- Mamrita means to give the status of nectar.
- Mrityormukksha means free from the bondage of death.
- Pushtivardhanam means to increase happiness.
- Yajamahe means to worship, and please in life.
- Om means Lord Shankar in the form of Omkar.
- Urvarukamiv means the way of the fruit easily.
What does Mahamritunjaya Puja Vidhi Include?
- Ganesh pujan
- Kalash Sthapana
- Shodask matrika kuldevi pujan
- 64 yogini pujan
- Nandi shraddh pitr samarn
- Vastu pujan
- ShetraPal pujan
- Sarvatobhandr mandal pujan
- 108 chants of Ganesh and nine planets
- Navgraha mandal pujan
- Shiv pujan
- Yantra pujan and shiv mantra and yagna chants
- Mantra pushpanjali
- Havan aarti
- Bhramin bhojan
Maha Mrityunjaya Havan Vidhi Samagri
- Betel Nut
- Also, Roli
- Also, Turmeric Powder
- Turmeric Lump
- Also, Batti (round)
- Batti (long )
- Match Stick
- Also, Deepak
- Incense Stick
- Also, Red Cloth
- Also, Cardamom
- Also, Scent
- Also, Wheat
- White Cloth
- Ganga Jal
- Also, Sugar Candy
- Also, Shringar Samagri
- Yellow Cloth
- Yellow Mustard
- Also, Incinerator
- 7 Grains
- Also, Hanuman Sindoor
- Betel Leaf
- Also, Mango Leaves
- Also, Sweets
- Also, Dhoti Gamcha
- Tulsi Leaves
- Bel Patra
- Also, Saree Blouse
- Bel Fal
- Datura fruit & flower
- Also, Aankh flower
- PanchmukhiRudraksha Mala
- Also, Garland
- Also, Spoons
- Coconut Water
- Shri Phal
- Sugar Cane
- Also, Cotton Flower Garland
- Shiv Ling
- Also, Panch Patra
Significance of Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja
- Maha Mritunjaya Puja is one of the most powerful mantras in Hinduism and helps in overcoming illness.
- The Maha Mritunjaya mantra is made up of 32 words.
- It is good for both mental and physical health as well as physical well-being.
- During the puja, the maha Mritunjaya mantra must be repeated 108 times.
- In other words, Maha means great, Mrityun means death and Jaya means victory.
Benefits of Maha Mritunjaya Puja
- The puja is extremely beneficial when it comes to living a long and healthy life.
- It helps in eliminating negative energy and protects in the future.
- Anyone with Pitra and kaal sarp dosh can get relief from this puja.
- This puja brings happiness and success in one’s marriage and professional life.
- It is beneficial for resolving health issues.
- This puja also saves one from dying in uncertain situations.
Number of Jaap & Precautions
- The puja involves chanting 51,000 mantras/jaap and to be done it requires 3 pandits.
- The puja involves chanting 1.25 lakh mantras/jaap and to be done it requires 5 pandits.
- One must not eat non-veg food and drink alcohol during the puja rituals.
- The chanting should be done in Kusha posture, faces should be facing east, one must have Shivalinga and only Rudraksha beads must be used and should be kept in gau mukhi.
How is Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja Done ?
Wondering how to perform Mahamrityunjay Puja Vidhi?
Mahamrityunjay Puja is one of the most powerful jaap and helps in removing accidental deaths. For centuries, people have been worshipping Lord Shiva using this mantra. From diseases, and obstacles to loss, it helps in overcoming all. If you’re too planning to do this, then here is what you need to follow:
RECITE MANTRA early in the morning five times in a mala. Use Rudraksha beads only and the chanting should be done 108 times. The mantra is believed to provide endless benefits.
TARPAN is performed at the end of the mantra by applying Tarpayami. It is the tenth part of the havan i.e., 1250.
MARJAN is performed at the end of the mantra by applying Marjayami or Abhisinchayami. It is the tenth part of the tarpan i.e. 125 and is done by taking pressure and sprinkling it around its back.
BRAHMIN FOOD is the step when 13 Brahmins are fed food. It is the tenth part of the Marjan i.e. 13.
PERFORM ABHISHEK by offering milk water and offering flowers to the Shivalinga.
TAKE SANKALP by pouring water into a pot. This helps in seeking the blessing of Lord Shiva.
WORSHIP LORD SHIVA using different puja items. This includes incense sticks, bel leaves, Deepam, lamps, fruits and water.
PERFORM HAVAN once you’re done with the Jaap. Now perform the havan and patiently wait for the positive outcomes. Remember the havan should be performed by applying Swama.
Best Time to Perform Mahamrityunjay Jaap Puja
Wondering when is the best time to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja? For people who follow the Purnimant calendar, The Chaturdashi Tithi is the most significant day for Lord Shiva devotees. It marks the union of Lord Shiva and Parvati and also the day when Linga was formed. In other words, it is the biggest night of Shiva. And talking about this puja, for centuries people have been performing and gaining from its various benefits.
Besides, for people who follow the Amavasyant calendar, the celebration of Maha Shivratri is done in the month of Magha, Krishna Paksha. Even though the monthly names differ, the date remains the same. Therefore, this is the ideal time to perform the Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja. It is done during Nishita kaan and devotees fast. The puja is performed all around the world.
However, the mantra can be chanted anytime for a better life. The best time is to do it at 4 am and it is done 108 times a day. And the Shri Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja is done and completed on Monday. Looking for the best person to do this puja for you?
For years, pandits have been hired to do this puja. The pandits usually take Sankalpam or resolution for about 5 to 7 days. However, one must make sure to hire a trusted and reputed Pandit only. These days scams are rapidly increasing and one must not hasten the process. But with us, you don’t have to fall into the wrong hands. Our highly qualified and experienced Indian Brahman Achyut Guruji is the best Panditji for Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja. You can contact him on 07057000014 to perform this puja as he is well-trained in Hindu Shastras.
Cost of Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Puja
As explained earlier, the Mahamrityunjay Puja Vidhi is one of the beneficial pujas and is performed by thousands of people. Because pandits are highly hired to perform this puja, many people consider themselves as the best pandit even though with less or no knowledge. Wondering how much does the puja cost?
In general, the cost of puja depends on the yagna type and the number of times the mantras will be chanted. Besides, for instance, to perform the puja for 3 to 4 days it may cost around Rs 40,000 to Re 50,000. However, make sure to do some research beforehand.
Once the recitations, a Havan is done. It can be both small and medium or even big. It depends on the number of recitations done. However, remember different pandits may cost differently depending on different factors, including their experience, qualifications, locations, availability, time of the season, etc.
What to Expect after Maha Mritunjaya Puja?
Once the Mahamrityunjay Puja in Trimbakeshwar is done, the Prasad of Lord Shiva is disturbed or given to the clients. The prasad mostly includes Rudraksha mala, Mahamrityunjaya yantra, Mahamrityunjaya locket, and an energized Bhasm. Talking about the results of this puja, you can expect endless benefits on the completion. This includes releasing anxiety and stress, attaining peace, relief from stress, removal of bad planetary effects, elimination of disease and ailment, enhancing concentration, preventing mishaps and more.
Also remember, that the puja will be done on your behalf of you. So remember to provide the right details such as your full name, date of birth, place of birth, Sankalp and your intention for the puja.