Narayan Nagbali Puja Trimbakeshwar
Narayan Nagbali Puja : Nagbali Puja is of two different rituals. Narayana bali is done to get away of the forefather curse while Nag bali is done to get away of sin done by killing the snake, specially Cobra which is praised in India. It can be done only at Trimbakeshwar.
Narayan Bali ritual is done to get the unsatisfied wants of the forefather’s souls which are stuck in the world and trouble their children. Narayan Bali is of the same ritual as a Hindu funeral. They use an artificial body of wheat flour. Pandits use Mantras to request such souls who are having various wishes remaining attached. The ritual makes them own the body and the funeral frees them to another world.
Yajman do Nagabhali rituals to get free from the sin of killing Cobra. In this ritual, they also do the funeral on the body of snake made with wheat dough. Narayan Nagabhali is one of the main rituals done at Trimbakeshwar. Ancient scriptures that explain different religious rites, mentions that this specific ceremony should be done only at Trimbakeshwar. We can find the references in Skandh Puran and Padma Puran about this tradition.
Narayyan nagbali and naagbali are classified as kaamya as they are done to fulfill incomplete wishes. People do these rituals for
- Getting children
- To clear away issues made by goblins
- For relief from issues created by dead departed relatives who attained unnatural/accidental/ bad death
- To get relief from dreams proposing curse, and magic spells, black magic, etc.
Hence, scriptures have advised doing these rituals to clear away all the above-said issues.
Narayan Nagbali Pooja Cost at Trimbakeshwar
Narayan Nagbali is a 3 day Pooja where a person needs a proper place to stay and a Pandit. One Pandit does this Pooja. But other Pandits are also needed to do this Pooja.
- The cost of doing this Pooja is around Rs. 7000/- INR – 8000/- INR. The person should bring new clothes. It is not included in this cost.
- The fare of the hotel room starts from Rs 500.
- The cost of food per plate is Rs. 100.
Trimbakeshwar Narayan Nagbali Puja Dates 2020
January 2022 : 4, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24
February 2022 : 1, 7, 11, 15, 18, 21, 25, 28
March 2022 : 6, 9, 14, 25, 28
April 2022 : 3, 6, 10, 13, 16, 20, 24, 30
May 2022 : 3, 8, 11, 14, 18, 21, 27, 30
June 2022 : 4, 7, 10, 13, 17, 23, 27
July 2022 : 1, 4, 7, 11, 15, 21, 24, 28, 31
August 2022 : 3, 7, 11, 17, 21, 25
September 2022 : 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 27
October 2022 : 3, 7, 11, 14, 20, 24, 31
November 2022 : 3, 7, 10, 17, 20, 27, 30
December 2022 : 5, 8, 11, 15, 18, 24, 28
Procedure and Importance
People do Narayan Nagabli Puja for the issues like unsuccessful in Business, Waste of Money, Family health issues, Argument with others, Educational hurdles, Marriage issues, Accidental Death, Unnecessary expenses, Health issues in many family members, All kind of Curse. They do Narayan Nagabhali to get rid of various issues.
It gives good health, success in business and career and fulfills wants. It is a three-day ritual on a specific day and time. On the first day, the devotees should take a sacred bath in Kushavarta and decides to give ten things in charity. Also after doing prayers at the Trimbakeshwar temple, they go to the Dharamshala at the meeting point of rivers Godavari and Ahilya for doing Narayana Nagabhali.
People can do Narayan bali – Nagabali pooja at Trimbakeshwar only. They do it in three days. This puja needs an auspicious date to do it. Some days are not good to do this puja. People do this puja for so many reasons. Also, if one has suffered from illness, going through bad times, someone in the family has killed the cobra. Or one is having an issue to have kids or if a person has everything and they want to do some religious puja to have everything.
Who Can Perform Narayan Nagbali Puja?
- All the people of all casts have the right to do this ritual.
- The people whose parents are alive also have the right to do.
- Unmarried Brahmin can do the rituals that have undergone the thread ritual.
- The ritual is mainly for getting progeny. Hence husband and wife both should do the ritual
- For the cause of the upliftment of family, widower alone can also do the ritual.
- Women can do the ritual until the fifth month in her pregnancy.
- People should not do Narayan naagbali up to one year of the sacred function held in the house
- People can do this ritual after one year of death, In case either of the parents is dead.
Auspicious time to perform the ritual
To get the fruit of desiring deeds early; people should do Narayana Nagabhali Vidhi at an auspicious time.
Rituals for getting the fruit of desirous deeds are not to be done normally as a rule when Jupiter and, Venus are set in the month of Paush and introduced as the extra month in the lunar calendar. But the author of ‘Nirnaysindhu’ has given a dissimilar decision. Also, pandits consider Nakshatragundosh for an auspicious time to decide that.
Days with ‘Dhanishtha Onchak’ and ‘Tripad Nakshatra’ are not satisfactory for this ritual.
Dhanishtha Panchak is of 4 ½ constellations and respectively 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th constellation mansion Tripaad Nakshatra are Kruttika, Punarvasu, Uttara, Vishakha, respectively 3rd, 7th, 12th, 16th, 21st, and 25th constellation mansion.
If people are doing Narayan Nagbali Puja for getting children, they should start on the day having 22nd lunar mansion. Although, 5th and 11th day of both lunar fortnights is most suitable. The ritual can begin on the days having either of nakshatra, Hasta, Pushpa, ashlesha. Also mruga, Aardra, Swati and mool (respectively 13th, 8th,9th, 5th, 6th, 15th, and 19th lunar mansion)
Among days, Sunday, Monday and Thursday are the auspicious dates to begin the ritual.
Those who wish to do only Naagbali, they should do the ritual on the days when 5th, 9th, full moon. Also, the new moon falls on the 9th lunar mansion and having an auspicious day. If people do Narayan, Naagbali, separately, they should consider auspicious time for Naagbali.
- The Narayan Nagabhali Pooja is of 3 days.
- A Male person is needed for Narayan Nagabli Puja as per our Shastra a female alone cannot do the Pind-Daan & pin-daan is needed in Narayan Nagabli Puja.
- A person should come one day before or early in the morning till 6 AM on the date of Muhurta.
- They cannot leave Trimbakeshwar until the Pooja ends. The Person gets free at 12 noon on the last day.
- Also, a person cannot eat food containing onion, Garlic food on those pooja days. From the next day onward they can have.
- The fee of Rs 5500/- INR contains all the Pooja Samugri, all Food-stay arrangement for 2 Persons per Pooja. People can give fee once the Pooja gets over
- A person needs to bring only new clothes for themselves like a white dhoti, towel, napkin for Male and other than black green & plain white colors saree, blouse, etc. for female.
- They should do the reservation for this ritual minimum of 4 days in advance by informing them. People should register the name and telephone number before coming for the pooja. It is unavoidable to make reservations to avail of all the facilities. They can make reservations over the phone or mail.
- Also, a person cannot have Non-veg & Alcohol for the next 41 days including the Pooja day.
The material provided in Trimbakeshwar
A preceptor will provide the following things; one should not bring the following:
Vessel to cook rice for the ritual, water pot, small plates, copper pot, pali, 3 brahmins, seats made of cotton. Also, darbha and silk, idols of deities, material required for sacrificial fire, clarified butter, rice, darbha sticks of Palash, samidha. Dried cow dung cakes, sesame, barley, flowers, garlands of flowers, a mixture of milk, ghee, curd, honey, and sugar. Therefore, a food offering to God, the material needed for worship, plates made of leaves. Also wheat flour, all plant material, etc. needed for the ritual.
Material that one needs to carry with him
An idol of snake made of gold as per one’s ability which should be made of minimum 1 gm gold, new white dhoti, new towel, white saree without black border, white bodice, 5 new pieces of cloth for use in worship. Hence, a person should carry this by themselves.
Narayan Nagbali Puja Procedure
After a holy bath at the place of pilgrimage, make a resolve to do Narayanbali. Gold Idols of Shrivishnu and Vaivasvat Yama should be established on two pots and their Ritualistic worship involving sixteen specific substances or steps worship should be done. Draw a line with a blade of darbha to the east of the pots and spread the darbhas southwards. Also, sprinkle water on them amidst chanting of the mantra – ‘शुन्धन्तां विष्णुरूपी प्रेतः’ ten times.
Offer ten pindas which have honey, ghee and sesame seeds on the darbhas amidst chanting of ‘काश्यपगोत्र अमुकप्रेत विष्णुदैवत अयं ते पिण्डः. Worship the pindas with the application of sandalwood paste and then absorb them in a river or a water-body. This is the rite of the first day.
Do the ritualistic worship of Shrivishnnu during the mid-day. Then, invite Brahmans in odd numbers that is, one, three or five. Do the corpse in the form of Shrivishnnu. From washing the feet of the Brahmans till satisfying them with a meal, do this shradh without chanting of mantras. Offer four pindas to Shrivishnu, Brahma, Shiva, and Yama together with His retinue, amidst chanting of their Names. Offer the fifth pinda to the corpse in the form of Shrivishnu. Also, after ritualistic worship, immerse the pindas and give money to the Brahmans.
One Brahman should be given clothes, ornaments, a cow and gold, and prayer should be made to the Brahmans to offer tilanjali to the corpse. The Brahmans should then take water that contains darbha, sesame seeds, and tulsi leaves into the palms, and offer it to the corpse. The Smrutis state that the rites of Narayana bali and Nagbali are done with the same objective; hence, the tradition is to do them together. That is why the combined name of Narayana-Nagbali has become common.