What is Pitra Dosha?
Pitra Dosh is a Karmic Debt of the forefathers and reflected in the horoscope in the form of planetary sequence.
Pitra Dosh is the set of bad luck resulting in people’s lives because of the curse given by the departed forefathers. Pitru dosh can bring about many crisis situations in the family and cause major restlessness.
पितृ दोष निवारण पूजा की जानकारी हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करे।
It can also happen because of the neglect of forefathers and not providing them with their proper due in the form of shraddh or charity or spiritual betterment.
People who leave their bodies at the time of death enter the world of forefathers known as Pitru Loka. Those residing in the pitru Loka feel extreme anguish of hunger and thirst. They cannot, however, eat anything on their own and can only accept the offerings given to them during Shraadh rituals. It is, therefore, necessary for the children to conciliate them through the continuous observance of the Shraadh ceremony. Defaults in this can invite the anger of the forefathers and result in Pitru Dosh.
Pitra Dosh is not the curse of forefathers. However, it is a Karmic Debt of the ancestors and is to be paid by the person having Pitru Dosh in his astrology. In simple words, a Pitru Dosh is in the horoscope of a person, when his/her ancestors have committed some mistakes, crimes or sins. So in return, this person pays the Karmic debt by going through various punishments decided for those debts in different spheres of his life.
Astrology has the best explanation for this issue. Because of the malign effects of the inflicted planets, benefic planets also stop giving favorable results.
Pitra Dosh Nivaran Mantra and Stotra
Miseries in life are generally because of Pitru Dosh. It arises because of not getting Nirvana to the soul of departed ancestors. Also, It mainly takes place when dead ancestors did not get peace or proper salvation at the time of departing their souls.
It is believed that the soul of your forefathers or departed forefathers earnestly search for Moksha, if their death was unnatural or happened at an early age. Due to premature death, their souls do not get Nirvana and wander on earth casually. The second reason is their parental desires which are incomplete.
How to Chant the Pitru Dosha Nivarana Mantra
- Start from any favorable time on the Shraadha.
- Wear white clothes for this.
- Lit a pure ghee lamp and take an oath to satisfy all the known and unknown pitras.
- Recite 16 mala of this mantra in one day or you can recite 4 malas for 4 days.
- One can also recite 1 mala of this mantra for 16 Shraadh.
- After finishing, give some foods to Brahmins or cows.
- You can also give to Brahmins, cows and poor.
Pitru Dosha Nivarana Mantra
“Om Shreem Sarva Pitra Dosha Nivaranay Klesham Han Han Sukh Shantim Dehi Phat Swaha” is the mantra.
Pitra Dosh Nivaran Temples and Place
Trimbakeshwar is a known temple in the town of Trimbak in the Nashik district in Maharashtra. This temple is of Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve famous “Jyotirlingas”. However, It is the best place for Pitra Dosh Nivaran Pandits. There are very experienced Pandits over here to do this Puja.
Pitra Dosh Remedies, Upay and Totke
Remedies for Rahu and Ketu
Tuesday is the day for Ketu. Friday and Saturday are the days for Rahu. Prefer divine charities for crows, street dogs & sweepers respectively. Crows in mythical literature are ancestors. Ketu is a spiritual person.
Remedies for the Sun & the Moon
Mother/Father/King in mythical literature is the Sun & the Moon, when afflicted placed in the natal chart, are believed to be ascribed to the wrong deeds done to parents. Therefore, the sun & the moon give food to cows or ox.
Remedies for Venus
The propitiatory charities are for the needy/poor women, wife, etc. Close affliction placement of Venus in the natal chart is to be attributed to ill-treating females or one’s wife in the past lives.
Remedies for Saturn
Propitiatory charities are for poor people. The close affliction placement of Saturn in the natal chart is to be attributed to the wrong deeds to servants or poor people in one’s previous lives.
Pitra Dosh Effects
- The family members are affected by some of the hereditary diseases. These are moved from one generation to the other. Some inherited diseases like cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome, Mental Subnormality, diabetes, asthma, most cancers, heart attack.
- Those who believe in rebirth can easily understand that this is due to the strong belief that the souls of our ancestors are not resting in peace.
- The evil deeds committed in previous birth or past, knowingly or by mistake, is a liability on us and needs to be cleared.
- Difficulty and obstacles because of the presence of Pitra Dosha are revoked or minimized in an astrological birth chart
Pitra Dosh Nivaran in Lal Kitab
- Wake up in the morning.
- Put some water in a copper vessel
- Give water to the Sun.
- Then fill the vessel with water again, face the South direction and offer it to your forefathers.
- People should serve in a temple without any gains.
- Plant peepal trees and give rice on Ekadashi.
- Also, on the day of Triyodashi – ask forgiveness from your forefathers and lie in the feet of Maa Durga/Shivji and pray.
Pitra Dosh Puja Cost
The cost of Pitra Dosh Puja is Rs 5500/- INR. It includes all the Pooja Samugri, Food-stay arrangement for 2 Persons per Pooja. People will give this once the Pooja gets over.
Pitra Dosh Puja Dates or Muhurat 2023
- 29 Sep 2023, Friday- Purnima Shraddha & Prati Pada Shraddha (Two Shraddha Falling on the same day)
- 30 Sep 2023, Saturday- Dwitiya Shraddha
- 1 Oct 2023, Sunday- Tritiya Shraddha
- 2 Oct 2023, Monday-Chaturthi Shraddha & Maha Shraddha
- 3 Oct 2023, Tuesday- Panchami Shraddha
- 4 Oct 2023, Wednesday- Shashthi Shraddha
- 5 Oct 2023, Thursday- Saptami Shraddha
- 6 Oct 2023, Friday- Ashtami Shraddha
- 7 Oct 2023, Saturday- Navami Shraddha
- 8 Oct 2023, Sunday- Dashami Shraddha
- 9 Oct 2023, Monday- Ekadashi Shraddha
- 10 Oct 2023, Tuesday- Magha Shraddha
- 11 Oct 2023, Wednesday- Dwadashi Shraddha
- 12 Oct 2023, Thursday- Trayodashi Shraddha
- 13 Oct 2023, Friday- Chaturdashi Shraddha
- 14 Oct 2023, Saturday- Sarva Pitru Amavasya
Pitra Dosh Nivaran Yantra and Kavach
A yantra is a device, mystical diagram or a talisman which is generally made on a copper plate. In the earlier times, the yantras were imprinted on the bhoj patras and palm leaves. It is believed that yantras imprinted on palm leaves and bhojpatras are the best among all. They are now laminated for more life. Other than all these yantras are also made on ashtadhatu plates.
Pitra Dosh Nivaran Vidhi and Procedure
- The Pooja is for 3 days.
- A Male person should do the Pooja as per our Shastra a female alone cannot do the Pind-Daan.
- A person has to come one day prior or early in the morning till 6 AM on the date of Muhurta.
- Once pooja starts a person cannot leave Trimbak till pooja ends, On the last day they will be free about 12 noon.
- They should eat food without Onion, Garlic food on those pooja days.
- A person has to bring only new clothes like white dhoti, gamcha, napkin for Male and other than black green & plane white colors saree, blouse, etc. for females.
- A person cannot have Non-veg & Alcohol for the next 41 days including Pooja day.
Symptoms of Pitra Dosh or Lakshan
Pitra Dosh causes many problems. People may face many issues because of the presence of Pitra Dosha in their horoscopes:
- Firstly, Hurdles in education and delay in growth of career or no improvement in the financial situation of anybody in the family.
- Secondly, Delay in the marriage of progeny or self, divorce or issues in the married life of self or children, which make us, think or examine what wrong we would have done in the past or present life.
- Further, The issue in conceiving or repeated miscarriage.
- Moreover, Accidents or sudden deaths in the family.
- Inherited diseases and prolonged illness to the family members.
- In addition, Mental abnormality in the child.
- Birth of a physically disabled or unwanted child.
- One or another trouble through children. Disrespect or humiliating behavior from progeny to the parents.
- Also, Disputes in the family.
- And, Never ending poverty.
- People always remain under debts and are unable to clear their debts despite all their best efforts.
Pitra Dosh Puja Samagri
The samagri used for Pitra Dosh Puja are Incense, Paan Leaves, Areca Nut, Hawan Samagri, Desi Ghee, Sweet Stuff, Gangaajal, Kalawa, Fire Pit, Mango leaves, Yellow Rice, Roli, Janeu, Camphor, Honey, Sugar, Turmeric and Pink Cloth.
Pitra Dosh in Kundali, Astrology, and Horoscope
If you are having the symptoms, you must check your astrology for pitra dosh. A person must take advice from an experienced astrologer. First of all, check the condition of planet Sun in their horoscope. As the Sun represents the father in astrology. Even you have to check the Planet Jupiter as the Sun is father and Jupiter is a teacher. He may not have respect for elders or teachers. Other than this you have to check the ninth house and the fifth house of horoscope, as if these houses are in the influence of Rahu or Saturn, there will be pitra dosh in their horoscope.
Pitra Dosh Calculator or How to find out pitra dosh in horoscope
- The presence of the Sun, descending Moon, Mars, Raghu, Mercury, and Kethu in the 5th house indicates the Pithru dosham (Pitra Dosha).
- The 5th house lord gets infirm or weakened.
- It is either being associated with malign planets or staying in a malefic house.
- The presence of debilitated planets in the 5th house.
- However, the traversing of 5th house lord in the Star of a malefic planet or traversing in the 22nd star/88 division from the birth Star.
- The 5th house lord is getting affected by Thithi Sunyam.
- Association of 5th house lord with Raghu/Kethu in any house.
How to do pitra dosh puja at home
- The best solution to pitra dosh is to serve a favorite food item of your pitra to poor people on every Amavasya.
- Do Shraadh Karm in Every pitra Paksh.
- Participate in shraadh pooja at the ashram on Mahaalay day/Sarvapitra Amavasya without fail.
- By offering food items on every “Amavasya” and “Poornima” in few temples or other religious places
- You can also donate food and clothes to Brahmins on every Amavasya to decrease the negativity of Pitra Dosha.
- Donate water, white flowers(white), black til to Peepal tree in south direction and ask for forgiveness and Blessings
- On any Somwati Amavasya, go to Peepal tree. Donate one janeu to the tree and second janeu to Lord Vishnu. Then do Parikrama of the tree, 108 times. While doing Parikrama, recite the mantra Om Namo Bhaagvate Vaasudevaay and donate a sweet made of milk to the tree with each Parikrama. After finishing the Parikrama, again pray to the Peepal tree and Lord Vishnu and ask for forgiveness.
- A Person needs to burn a piece of dry cow dung and then take it to the place where they want to devote them to their stuff. After putting the burning cow dung at the specific place take some pure water in the palm and move it around the burning cow dung.
Some More Steps:
- Offer food to crows, street dogs, cows, ants and fishes on all Amavasyas and if possible daily
- Also, by doing “Satya Narayan Katha” by a Brahman at Home helps eradicate Pitra Dosh
- Every Saturday, make rice balls by mixing cooked rice and ghee and offer Crows and fishes.
- Do Rudra Abhishek in the name of the KUL or forefathers.
- Offer Gold, Cow to a Brahmin, with the Sankalp stating that this is for the forefathers.
- Always remember or recall your forefathers for all your significant occasions in-home or life.
- Give respect to your father and other senior members of the family and take their blessings to enhance the position of Sun.
- Also, never embarrass a learned person in your home and never let them leave your home empty-handed
- Help the needy, poor people.
Pitra Dosh Puja in Trimbakeshwar, Nasik, Gaya, Rameshwaram, Haridwar, and Ujjain
People do Pitra Dosh Puja to get rid of the forefather curse. Also, they can do this Puja only at Trimbakeshwar, Nasik, Gaya, Rameshwaram, Haridwar, and Ujjain. But the best place to do this Pooja is Trimbakeshwar where many expert Pandits do this Puja.
One thought on “Pitra Dosh Nivaran Vidhi, Samagri, Dates, Upay, Remedies”
पितृ दोष निवारण पूजा और नारायण नागबलि पूजा में फर्क क्या है, क्योंकि पढ़ने पर दोनो समान लग रही हैं. कृपया स्पष्ट करें. मेरी समस्या है कि हमारे एक पुर्वज (नाम पीढ़ी मालूम नहीं) स्यानपत करते थे उन्होने एक शक्ति की सिद्धि कर रखी थी जिनकी अकाल मृत्यु हो गई वो पूछने वालों से पता करने पर प्रेत योनि में बताए जाते हैं। उनका सिद्धी के साथ बंधन है उनकी निवारण के लिये क्या उचित समाधान है। अर्थात उनकी मुक्ति भी हो जाए और जो शक्ति उनके साथ थी उनका भी समाधान हो जाए।